Solving Equations and Word Problems
Please see attached file for full problem description. Please show me how to get solution for problems.
2. Winston can mow his dad’s lawn in 1 hour less than it takes his brother Willie. If they take 2 hours to mow it when working together, then how long would it take Winston working alone?
3. Solve equation for x
4. Find all real and imaginary roots of
5. Compute value of the discriminant and give the number of real solutions to the quadratic equation
7. When a ball is thrown, its height in feet after seconds is given by the equation
where is the initial upwards velocity in feet per second. If feet per second, find all values of for which feet. Do not round any intermediate steps. Round your answer to decimal places.
8. graph the solution to the quadratic inequality
9. Graph the parabola. Need the vertex and four points.
10. Graph the parabola. Need the vertex and four points.
11. Graph the parabola. Need the vertex and four points
12. Graph the inequality. Need the vertex and four points
13. The function h is defined by the following
H(x) = 4x+2
14. The function f is defined by the following function table. Graph the function.
15. Solve the following equation for x by using the quadratic formula.
16. Compute value of the discriminant and give the number of real solutions to the quadratic equation
Number of real numbers
17. Graph the domain of function g defined by
18. Find the x-intercept(s) and the coordinates of the vertex for the parabola
19. Find the roots of the quadratic equation
20.Solve where u is a real number. Simplify as much as possible.
21. Graph equation
22. Write the sets using interval notation
a. , where
23. Graph set on a line.
24. Solve where u is a real number. Simplify answer as much as possible.