Poverty Facts and Stats
Utilizing a theory of globalization elaborate on the following:
• Describe how 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day
• How accurate is the stat of 22,000 children dying each day due to poverty? They die quietly in some poor village far from the scrutiny and conscience of the world
• How does the wealthiest nation on Earth have the widest gap between rich and poor of any industrialized nation?
• Think about the different actors, individuals and entities who participate in or are affected by globalization. How does the social or geographical standpoint of these actors affect their experience of globalization?
• How does Anthony Giddens (Sociologist) relate to globalization research, concepts, ideas and insights?
*450-500 words for 6 credits*
*NO REFERENCES NEEDED*