Organizational Culture Five Stages of Group Development
1. How do you think the five stages of group development (forming, storming, norming, performing, adjourning) will be different for virtual teams as compared to traditional teams? Discuss in regard to all five stages of group development.
2. Do you think virtual teams will be more or less cohesive than traditional teams? Include a discussion of the issue of groupthink as your guide to the concepts of group cohesiveness and groupthink.
3. Overall, do you think virtual teams will perform better or worse than traditional teams?
4. Describe the organizational culture of Southwest Airlines the best you can using the characteristics of organizational culture discussed in Rao (2010) and Piccolo and Bardes (2011). These include but are not limited to detail-oriented, team-oriented, innovative, aggressive, outcome-oriented, and people-oriented. Be specific as you can regarding which characteristics of organizational culture that you read about in the background materials apply to Southwest and which ones do not.
5. Describe the organizational culture of Koch Industries the best you can using the characteristics of organizational culture discussed in Rao (2010) and Piccolo and Bardes (2011).
6. Now suppose Koch Industries decided to purchase Southwest Airlines. Compare and contrast the two cultures, and explain what kind of challenges you think they would face in merging the two cultures.
7. explain what steps you think would need to be taken in order to prevent culture clashes between the two organizations.