One Sample Hypothesis Testing: Salary of American League v N
See attached baseball 2007 data.
1. Learning Team Assignment: One Sample Hypothesis Testing Paper
· Use the ratio or interval numerical data from one of the data sets available through the Data Sets link on your student Web site.
· Develop one research question from which you will formulate a research hypothesis. NOTE: Our research question would be: Is the average salary of the American League players equal to that of the National League players?
· Prepare a paper describing the results of a hypothesis test of one population mean or population proportion.
· Include the following in your paper:
o Formulate both a numerical and verbal hypothesis statement regarding your research issue.
o Perform the five-step hypothesis test on data pertaining to your selection.
o Describe the results of your test and explain how the findings from this hypothesis testing may be used to answer your research question.
o Include your raw data tables and the results of the computations of your Z-test or t-test in your paper, using both graphical and tabular methods of displaying data and results.