Healthcare Reform and Current and Future Trends in the U.S.
Things to think about:
• What are the prevalent health concerns in this community?
• What are the key issues related to cost, quality, and access that affect the organization and the people this organization serves?
• Which organizations in this area are business competitors and/or which organizations use highly effective practices or strategies that this organization may learn from or adopt?
• How will demographics and health reform likely impact the organization, as well as the broader community, in the next 5 years?
What I need is below:
I did this assignment on an 82 year old patient with stage 4 esophageal cancer. I used the University of Maryland as the organization that would treat and facilitate treatment surrounding this case.
Write a business memo 3-4 pages (double-spaced) in which you address:
• Prevalent health concerns in the community
• Issues related to cost, quality, and access that affect the organization and the people it serves
• Organizations in the community that are business competitors and/or from which you can learn highly effective practices or strategies
• Ways in which changing demographics and health reform will likely affect your organization and the broader community in the next 5 years
Shi, L., & Singh, D. (2015). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
o Review Chapter 13, “Health Policy” (pp. 510-531)
o Review Chapter 14, “The Future of Health Services Delivery” (pp. 538-564)
Buescher, B., & Viguerie, P. (2014). How US healthcare companies can thrive amid disruption. Retrieved from http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/health_systems_and_services/how_us_healthcare_companies_can_thrive_amid_disruption
The OWL at Purdue University. (2015). Sample memo. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/590/04/