November 16th, 2022
Research a news article that covers one of the nine major hazard classes. Identify the hazard and explain how the hazard created the dangerous situation.
The nine major hazard classes as outlined by the U. S. Department of Transportation are:
2. Gases including flammable, nonflammable, and toxic/poisonous
3. Flammable and Combustilbe Liquids
4. Flammable Solids
5. Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
6. Poisons-liquids and solids
7. Radioactive Materials
9. Miscellaneous Material not otherwise classified
Gantt,. P. (2009) Hazardous Materials Regulations, Response & Site Operations. Cliffton Park, NY: Delmar.