Answer in Sociology for LEE #264841
Identify and discuss the sampling technique (s) you will use to select the respondents who will participate in the study. Also indicate how you would apply this method(s) practically to this specific case. (10) 1.5 Identify five ethical risks that may be associated with the study, and indicate what specific steps you would take to address these risks. (10)
Sampling techniques include; Simple random sampling, Systematic sampling, Stratified sampling, Clustered sampling, Convenience sampling, Quota sampling, Judgement (or Purposive) Sampling, and Snowball sampling.
Ethical Risks and their steps of address;
1) Intellectual property rights risk, The researcher needs to discuss intellectual property frankly.
2) Overwhelming risks due to multiple roles; The researcher needs to be conscious of multiple roles.
3) Non- adherence to rules risk; The researcher needs to follow informed-consent rules.
4) Confidentiality risk; The researcher needs to respect confidentiality and privacy.
5) Resources management risk; The researcher needs to tap into ethics resources.