Answer in Management for Vasiti Kelera #277282
February 20th, 2023
What actions can be taken to motivate those employees who are not using the new technology required of their job? Outline 5 actions with detailed explanations.
Motivating employees to use new technology
- Have a conversation with the employee to understand his reasons why he/she would not use or accept the new technology. From the conversation, you get to open his mind to better view of the usage and how the new technology can improve his work and company’s output.
- Creating a technology responsive environment where most activities of the organisation are based on technology. Also ensuring all other employees accept the new pattern and allow the reluctant employees to join in.
- Being supportive and understanding to the employees and making them be confortable as they work around the organisation.
- Give incentives favourable to the application of the new technology. This may involve giving the employees gadgets that are supportive to their work for free.
- Appreciate the employees effort aiming at use of the new technology. This may involve mentioning their efforts to celebrate them.