Answer in Management for Kamal #272989
1. Describe Uber’s early international strategy. Explain what is meant by ‘too big to ban’ according to the case study?
2. Explain the challenges that Uber faced when expanding operations to overseas markets? Please use the case study to support your answer.
3. Discuss how Uber adapted its strategy when (re) entering the South Korean market?
1. Uber’s early international strategy was to employ unskilled drivers to use their personal cars to transport customers by use of the simple smartphone application that enabled the communication between taxi drivers and customers and the passenger paid their fares at the end of the ride through a digital platform
According to the study, the phrase “too big to ban ” means that the company was aiming to gain a large market share which will be a heavy task for its rival companies to win.
2. The challenges Uber business encountered when expanding its operation to oversee include being banned from conducting business in other international cities such as Belgium, Brussels, and Berlin.
3. The Uber company adopted its pricing strategy by lowering its prices to an extent of even losing money to grow its business quickly by gaining more customers in different places.