Analyze and answer questions about financial data
See attached file.
Review the spreadsheet and answer
1. What is happening to the growth in sales? How can this be explained?
2. What is the significance of the roughly $250,000,000 write off of Goodwill and Intangibles in the first quarter of 2009?
3. Does Gardner have good cost control? Cite evidence.
4. Does Gardner normally sit on a lot of excess cash? Cite evidence.
5. Please comment on the trend in managing accounts receivables.
6. Please comment on the trend in managing inventories.
7. What percentage of Gardner’s assets are intangible – add the goodwill and intangibles items together and divide by total asset? Why might this number be important to an analyst?
8. Please comment on the trend in long term debt.
9. Please comment on the strength of these income statements and balance sheets.